The rootkit (refer to root guide for i9190 http://blog.deadcode.net/2013/08/11/rooting-samsung-s4-mini-i9190/) come with superuser app. The app list is always empty and doesn’t seem working well.
I decided to replace it with SuperSU instead as I am using it on my Nexus 4 without such issue.
Here is the steps.
- Chainfire SuperSU can be download from play store. However, it is sugguested to manually install it through ClockworkMod. Download the latest SuperSU from Chainfire homepage.
- Connect the phone with usb cable and your computer. Copy the downloaded zip file to the root of the internal SDCard. /sdcard
- Turn off the phone. Pressing and hold the volumn up and home key, do not release, keep hold, turn the phone back on. It will then boot clockworkmod recovery. If the stock recovery loaded, please refer to the root guide and use Odin to boot your phone to clockworkmod.
- Under CWM, select install zip / install zip from sdcard. Then select the zip file that you just copied to the internal sdcard.
- Once installation completed, press power key to back to main menu, then select ‘reboot system now’.